State and Federal officials have made available some assistance and programs for small businesses impacted by the Corovavirus, including:
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering Economic Injury Disaster Loans to assist businesses during the COVID-19 outbreak. For additional information, contact the SBA disaster assistance customer service center, 1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit SBA.gov/disaster for more information.
- The State’s Small Business Recovery Loan Fund – https://www.empoweringsmallbusiness.org/what-we-offer/emergency-loan-funds/covid-19-loan-fund
- The Mass. Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program for Small Businesses: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-resources-and-guidance-for-businesses
- The MEMA Emergency Operations Center’s Private Sector Hotline (available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) 508-820-2094.
- Information from the State about unemployment resources: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-guidance-and-directives#businesses-&-employers-
- The WorkShare program, to help employers avoid layoffs during a downturn: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/workshareinformation-for-employers
- The Rapid Response program, which works closely with companies to avert layoffs and keep a skilled workforce engaged in the existing regional economy or industry: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/rapid-response-layoff-aversion